I recently attended Barcamp Boston 4, an “un-conference”. There is a nice mix of discussions and presentations, and covering technical topics as well as the business of technologies.
The big board of sessions
Some of the sessions I was able to attend:
- Good introductory presentation about Git by @qrush
- QR Codes, mostly covering the ZXing project on Android
- Discussions on selling iPhone apps, Drupal development
- Comparing Amazon vs. Google cloud hosting services
- A review of Tools for Ruby development
- Review of three frameworks: django, rails and zends and a discussion on client-side web testing
- Discussions on freelancing, entrepreneurship, and Co-working
- Some microcontroller sessions, mostly around Arduino development
- Got introduced to LOLCode, there really is such a thing..
There was a lot of interesting sessions to take in, definatly worth a try if you haven’t been to one.